It is 2:50 AM, and I have been struggling with blogger for several hours, this indicates the depths of my obsession with immediacy in self-expression/blogging as catharsis/excretion of to-do lists/it's something to do. And, in the end, at the very last late hours of the morning, it's all about finding something to do. Free time management. It's not quite a living. But it will do.
I was on the phone with my father, and he said, "have you heard of this thing on the internet where you can write things and people can read them right away, takes away the paper and the middleman and the publisher, they can respond right away, it's called, I don't remember, it's the internet???"
"Yes, dad, it's called blogging. I do that. I don't know if it's the answer, but it helps with the shouting into the void."
What I didn't tell him is that I have..count'em...five blogs. This is a little obscene. Backed up against the corner, waving my hands in the air, I say, "I can explain!!"
- Neon and Concrete is this blog, where I started in 2006.
- andrea lambert is where I migrated my website and then got sucked into the tumbleverse.
- Surveillance : LA is the spycamera/surveillance photo project tumblr
- Lez Cuisine is a food blog I do with Katie
- featherless is the blog for the featherless reading series