Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Big news.  I just googled myself as I do routinely, mainly to check if that pesky profile had been taken down, which it had, and found that Jet Set Desolate's distribution had increased a great deal.  It was selling at Tower Books, Barnes & Noble, and Abebooks, as well as Amazon where it had been listed previously.  I was euphoric.  Giddily running around the living room waving my hands squealing.  Distribution is something I have wanted for so long, and by the looks of the release date they did a second printing of it.  I was worried it was going to be remaindered, I am so glad it is not.  It seems to be a very recent development, I wonder if it is selling in the brick and mortar stores, or just online.

I wonder what I should do now.  It's after midnight, only slightly.  I'm not really tired, and there's no alcohol in the house.  I wish I was participating in NaNoWriMo, and I don't really know why I'm not, I guess because since there was already writing done in my novel I read that that disqualified me...but more so because I've been having kind of a tough time lately and already had to shelve the Annenberg application.  I feel like I don't want to push myself right now, I was at the point of breakdown for much of the last two weeks and am only very recently coming into a place of healing with Katie, and a place of fewer hallucinations.  The symptoms wax and wane, they are sometimes very severe and sometimes less severe.  I am going in and out all of the time.  Having only very recently come back into a pleasant place, it's very tenuous, and just household chores and dinner-making is about all I can handle right now. I don't want to overload myself and end up sick and insane again, breaking down.






No comments: